Quality Assurance Analyst
Location: Chicago, IL
Duration: 6 months
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Work on a development team of engineers to ensure that a high quality product is delivered and define measurable metrics to gauge progress against objective QA goals.
- Work closely with developers, QA Engineers, and product owners to review and test a custom financial product.
- Perform functional, system, integration, and regression testing on newly developed and redesigned company software solutions by writing test cases in TypeScript for Protractor.
- Work on the automation frameworks to add new functionalities and features.
- Maintain and improve current automation stack to keep pace with the new changes being made in deliverables. Keep the tests cases and automation code updated, relevant and effective.
- Determine and develop approaches to solutions and assist with complex problems regarding testing approaches, application knowledge, and technical knowledge.
- Document and summarize test results and report findings.
AWS Aurora MySQL
1-2 year/s of your total experience as a SDET/SDE or similar type of role
Bachelor’s degree preferred with 3+ years of experience in Information Technology, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, abilities, and behaviors required
Proficient in C# or Java (less desirable)
Quick learner and ability to adapt to a changing environment.
Familiarity with build & release tools, such as Azure DevOps
Self-starter with 'whatever it takes' attitude in a dynamic work environment
Great teamwork skills
Comfortable with SQL Server
Excellent written and communication skills