TransTech employs a diverse and comprehensive sourcing strategy called the TransTech High-Touch™ process. Our clients appreciate that this process yields a select, narrow set of candidates they love. We developed the High-Touch process to be:
The TransTech High-Touch™ Process
- Proactive. Rather than recruit reactively, we develop and nurture both active and passive candidate pools in advance for critical roles that our clients need frequently.
- Innovative. We work with the client to analyze hiring needs and recent hires so that we may uncover new sourcing approaches.
- Systematic. Our screening and selection processes are proven and methodical. Ask us about our uniquely strong KPIs.
One of the ways we set ourselves up for screening success is by nurturing a strong network. 40% of our candidates are from referrals. We develop great candidate relationships, for the long haul. A major factor in that is our authentic and dedicated screening process.
Our interviewing process consists of an In-depth phone interview (IDPI), a series of technical screens, and an in-person or Skype interview.
In-depth phone interview (IDPI)
The IDPI is our first contact with a potential candidate. The conversation has three stages. First we get to know the candidate and build rapport. Second, we do a deep analysis to understand the candidate’s motivations, strengths, interests and experience. Last, if we determine they are a potential fit for the open role, only then do we discuss the job description, work environment, and culture.
For those who advance to the next step in the High-Touch process, depending on the skills required, we apply one of two types of technical screens. Our team is made up of expert technical screeners who have exemplary reviews from peers and managers. Screeners meticulously assess potential candidates on the expertise required to excel in the role.
A face-to-face interview in person or via video conference is essential in determining fit. This gives us the opportunity to closely observe soft skills while asking:
- Behavioral questions constructed specifically for role requirements, using the STAR method.
- Fact-based, technical questions for each key skill required.
- Scenario questions aimed at understanding their level of specific competencies in the context of specific situations they are likely to encounter in the role.
Our selection process is collaborative among the recruiter and the account manager. Our reference calls probe deeper still, and play an important role in on-boarding effectiveness due to the insights we obtain. Even if the candidate is not chosen to be presented to the client, we value and maintain these relationships. The depth of our talent pool is one of the reasons we are able to fill roles quickly.